Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/07 14:24:50 UTC

[VOTE] First HBase File FileSystem 1.0.0-alpha1-RC0

Please vote on this first HBase FileSystem 1.0.0-alpha1 release candidate.

The release files including signatures can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-filesystem-1.0.0-alpha1-RC0/

Maven artifacts are available here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1321/

Artifacts were signed with wellington.chevreuil@gmail.com key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

Compatibility information:
- hadoop 2.9.2
- hadoop 3.2.0
- hbase 2.1.4

As the first alpha release for hbase-filesystem project, it only includes
hbase-oss module, which includes implementation of Hadoop FileSystem
interface semantics for Object Stores. Further implementation and
configuration details are available on hbase-oss/README.md file.

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

Re: [VOTE] First HBase File FileSystem 1.0.0-alpha1-RC0

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
used a modified version of hbase-vote script

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_212): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_212): ok
         - mvn clean install -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_212): ok
         - mvn verify -Pzk

additionally, verified with hadoop2 profile

mvn verify -Dhadoop.profile=2

For sanity I also ran the steps manually and everything checked out.

If there are other checks we should be doing, chime in. Do we want an
hbase-vote specific to this module? If yes, let me know as well.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
After three binding +1s, plus two non-binding +1s and no 0 or -1 votes,
this "vote" has passed!

Thank you to all who voted on this first alpha release candidate for
hbase-filesystem!

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* sigs/xsums good
* KEYS updated
* L&N seems kosher (both in src and generated JAR)
* apache-rat:check passes, exclusions reasonable (non, extra)
* Can build from src
* Tests pass! (on hadoop2 and 3)