Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mathan Karthik <ma...@manageengine.com> on 2011/07/15 14:08:13 UTC

How can i change JSESSIONIDSSO cookie name?

Hi Guys,

I have JSESSIONIDSSO cookie related problem.

Currently I'm running two web applications in the same machine, but using two different tomcat servers. Both the applications has the same context path, but port numbers are different.

I've enabled single sign on feature in in one of the tomcat's application. It is using JSESSIONIDSSO cookie for this feature.

If i logged into one of the application, another one get logged out. It happens due to same JSESSIONIDSSO cookie name. To avoid this issue, i want to change JSESSIONIDSSO cookie name in one of the application. So i can avoid this name conflict.

I know, i can change JSESSIONID name. Is it possible to change JSESSIONIDSSO name? Any other way to solve this problem?

Note: If i change context path of the both the application, It will work. But unfortunately, i can't change. Both the applications are running in same context path but in different ports.

Regards,
Mathan Karthik R

Re: How can i change JSESSIONIDSSO cookie name?

Posted by Mathan Karthik <ma...@manageengine.com>.
It has been verified, we have to set only org.apache.catalina.authenticator.Constants.SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME  in system properties. No need to set org.apache.catalina.SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME.

Apache Tomcat Configuration Reference - System Properties document has to be modified. It has been reported as a bug. Hope they will make the necessary changes in document. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mathan Karthik R
ZOHO Development Center(India) Pvt Ltd

---- On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 22:34:59 +0530 Mark Eggers&lt;its_toasted@yahoo.com&gt; wrote ----

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mathan Karthik <ma...@manageengine.com>.
Hi Mark

Thanks for the response.

I have added org.apache.catalina.authenticator.Constants.SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME and org.apache.catalina.SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME in system properties. Gave the same cookie name for the both system properties. Now Its working.

---- On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 02:48:50 +0530 Mark Eggers&lt;its_toasted@yahoo.com&gt; wrote ----

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mathan Karthik <ma...@manageengine.com>.
Hi Mark

Thanks for your swift response. Sorry i missed to mention my tomcat version. One of my application using tomcat_6_0_28 and another application using tomcat_5_0_28.

I have added org.apache.catalina.SSO_SESSION_COOKIE_NAME and org.apache.catalina.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME. Now my JSESSIONID cookie name got changed. But JSESSIONIDSSO name didn't get changed. Am i missing anything?

Regards,
Mathan Karthik R

---- On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 01:05:27 +0530 Mark Eggers&lt;its_toasted@yahoo.com&gt; wrote ----

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 15/07/2011 13:08, Mathan Karthik wrote:
> Currently I'm running two web applications in the same machine, but using two different tomcat servers. Both the applications has the same context path, but port numbers are different.

Wouldn't it be easier just to run the apps on two different IP addresses?