Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Viju <vv...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/11 15:54:56 UTC

Special characters sent via Camel to ActiveMQ

This is what Im trying to do with Camel and AMQ

Read a file that has special characters ( for e.g.  års test).
Using Camel, I read the line in the file
Sends the line as a text message into the AMQ queue.
Using Camel, I dequeue the message.
When I read the body of the message, å is converted to ?

Can you please suggest what needs to be done so that messages are sent in
UTF8 to AMQ from camel.

Re: Special characters sent via Camel to ActiveMQ

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can use .convertBodyTo(String.class, "utf-8") to convert the file
content into a utf-8 format.

from file
  convertBodyTo
  to activemq

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Viju <vv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is what Im trying to do with Camel and AMQ
>
> Read a file that has special characters ( for e.g.  års test).
> Using Camel, I read the line in the file
> Sends the line as a text message into the AMQ queue.
> Using Camel, I dequeue the message.
> When I read the body of the message, å is converted to ?
>
> Can you please suggest what needs to be done so that messages are sent in
> UTF8 to AMQ from camel.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com