Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> on 2005/05/31 18:40:32 UTC

[OT] Re: Linking to Stylesheets

From: "Adam Lipscombe" <ad...@expensys.com>
> Our JSP's use stylesheets referenced by a standard HTML link tag. E.g.
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="pages/calendar/calendar.css">
>
> The graphic designers are complaining 'cos on-the-fly changes made in a
> stylesheet does not automatically force a JSP to get re-compiled by Tomcat
> 5.0.28. This means they cant see their changes unless they restart TC.

That's a browser cache issue.  The browser requests the stylesheet
separately, recompiling the JSP isn't necessary, unless the *name* of the
stylesheet has changed.  Have them force the browser to reload the entire
page.  (Hold down shift while clicking refresh/reload, usually.)  They can
probably also configure their browsers not to cache the stylesheets.

--
Wendy Smoak