Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/19 00:32:58 UTC

[ANN] Apache TomEE 9.0.0-M7, Jakarta EE 9.1 Web Profile Certification Achieved

The Apache TomEE team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache TomEE 9.0.0-M7

Apache TomEE implements the Jakarta EE and MicroProfile specifications.  We're very proud to announce that Apache TomEE 9.0.0-M7 passes the Jakarta EE 9.1 Web Profile TCK.  Jakarta EE 9.1 passed its release ballot yesterday and is pending a wider announcement.

This is Apache TomEE's first certification since Java EE 6 Web Profile compliance in 2011.  The certification of Apache TomEE in 2011 was made possible through a 10-year Java EE TCK licensing agreement between Sun Microsystems and the Apache Software foundation.  That agreement expired just before Java EE 7 was released.  Java EE has fully transitioned to the Eclipse Foundation as Jakarta EE which allows us to resume our certification efforts.

We'd like to thank all Apache TomEE users who have remained with us all these years.  Apache TomEE is one of 16 certified Jakarta EE implementations, but the only one that ships several popular Apache components including Apache Tomcat, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache OpenWebBeans, Apache OpenJPA, Apache BVal, Apache Johnzon and Apache-created implementations of over 22 different Jakarta specifications.

Such a feat would not be possible without the support of a strong community of contributors to all these Apache projects and to TomEE itself.  A sincere thank you to each and every contributor who has helped in any way big or small.  This 10-year milestone belongs to you.

If you'd like to help support the project with your voice, we encourage you to prepare tweets and blog posts and schedule them to be sent on Tuesday May 25th, the day Jakarta EE 9.1 will be announced.  Use the hastags #ApacheTomEE and #JakartaEE

Your tweets and blog posts for this major achievement are truly appreciated.

Download:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/download.html

Release notes:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/9.0.0-M7/release-notes.html

TCK results:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/9.0.0-M7/plume/webprofile-9.1.html

- The Apache TomEE team.

Re: [ANN] Apache TomEE 9.0.0-M7, Jakarta EE 9.1 Web Profile Certification Achieved

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
We are still working on it at the minute. But it will soon be available.
Effort is catching up with 8.x because we made some significant changes for
certification and it broke somehow 8.x.

This is just a first milestone to many more.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by Ivan Junckes Filho <iv...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations guys! I am proud of everyone involved. It is nice to see
TomEE reaching this milestone.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
We are quite late, but we are really willing to catch up as well in that
space.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 9:28 AM COURTAULT Francois <

Posted by hantsy bai <ha...@gmail.com>.
Congrats 👏

Posted by Daniel Dias Dos Santos <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

congratulations, very happy for the news .