Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Clemens Cap <ca...@informatik.uni-rostock.de> on 2000/02/09 21:05:20 UTC

encoding not supported

I am getting a "Java VM does not support encoding: ISO8859-1" when transforming
an XML document with Xalan. The document references UTF-8 as encoding, so does
the DTD. The output should be HTML.

I have been reengineering around all the Xalan code to find out, who is issuing
this warning. My program nor the .dtd nor the .xml nor the .xsl contains any
reference to ISO8859-1. I cannot find the correcponding Xalan Class containing
this message.

Can anybody help me ? I am getting crazy hacking my way through the code to
find the place where this message is issued.

Thanx.

PS: Please reply directly to my email.

--
Prof.Dr.Clemens H. CAP
Dept.of Computer Science    office phone               +49-(0)381-498/3390