Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael McIntosh <mi...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/07/10 13:49:40 UTC

Rules for File Access from Axis[v1.3] Application

I am using Axis 1.3 with Apache Tomcat 5.5.16. I am trying to open a
configuration file from within one of my Web Service's implementation
classes, things are not working as I would expect.

What are the rules for access to files from a Web Service?

What path should I use (relative to my project/absolute path) to place my
file in? What path should I use to reference(open) a file? Can I write to
files?

I notice that, if I build a WAR file for my application and deploy it to
TomCat/Axis standalone, I can place a file named "File" into a package
"org.Test") and read it by opening "/org/Test/File". However, if I run the
same code on the same server from within Eclipse environment it doesn't
find the file.

Thanks,
Mike