Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kurt_cobain <te...@Mail.com> on 2014/06/11 18:08:09 UTC

How to reference a multimodule project from a pom

Hi, I have a multimodule project, let's call it "multi". it generates like 5
jar artifacts.

I would like to simply reference "multi" from another project's pom and get
everything i need, without having to indivdivually reference each of the 5
jar's generated by "multi" in my the referencing pom file.

Isn't that possible?

Re: How to reference a multimodule project from a pom

Posted by Glenn Brown <gh...@gmail.com>.
I believe that you can do it if you add the submodules as dependencies to
the multi pom

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Yes.
We have given these jars the name "aggregation jars".
You add a 6th project that produces a jar containing the 5 "real" jars
and have your projects reference the aggregation jar.

Others have used the term "bundle" for this (Apache CXF)  but that may
confuse people who have OSGI "bundles" in mind.

http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=121 is a short article on what
we do and why.
You might want to look at other notes that we have tagged with "Maven"
as well.

Ron

On 11/06/2014 12:08 PM, kurt_cobain wrote:
> Hi, I have a multimodule project, let's call it "multi". it generates like 5
> jar artifacts.
>
> I would like to simply reference "multi" from another project's pom and get
> everything i need, without having to indivdivually reference each of the 5
> jar's generated by "multi" in my the referencing pom file.
>
> Isn't that possible?

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc