Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by James Cook <ji...@iname.com> on 2000/08/30 01:05:23 UTC

Building 3.2

How does a developer go about building the "best" source code for what will be
Tomcat 3.2 Final? I downloaded the jakarta-tomcat module tagged with "tomcat_32"
and it is ripe with errors. Classes that should be interfaces that are not, 100s
of errors, and so on.

Just trying to work with something that may be considered stable, yet has most
of the fixes. Are Remy's "beta" builds available anywhere?

jim

Re: Building 3.2

Posted by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au>.
Ah, thanks for that, Costin.

geoff

Posted by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au>.
On this topic kind of, what exactly _is_ the difference between 3.2 and 3.3
anyway?

cheers

Geoff
> How does a developer go about building the "best" source code for what
will be
> Tomcat 3.2 Final? I downloaded the jakarta-tomcat module tagged with
"tomcat_32"
> and it is ripe with errors. Classes that should be interfaces that are
not, 100s
> of errors, and so on.
>
> Just trying to work with something that may be considered stable, yet has
most
> of the fixes. Are Remy's "beta" builds available anywhere?
>
> jim

Re: Building 3.2

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
> How does a developer go about building the "best" source code for what will be
> Tomcat 3.2 Final? I downloaded the jakarta-tomcat module tagged with "tomcat_32"
> and it is ripe with errors. Classes that should be interfaces that are not, 100s
> of errors, and so on.

Proably something is wrong with your build environment - make sure you use
the right version of ant and servletapi. 3.2 is "stable" for at least 2
months, with only minimal bug fixes checked in - I can't see how it could
get "100"s of error or anything like that.

( I do read the cvs commits for 3.2 - and I hope most of the commiters do
that too, and at least few people are working with 3.2 and build from
sources )

> Just trying to work with something that may be considered stable, yet has most
> of the fixes. Are Remy's "beta" builds available anywhere?

Sam's ?
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.2-beta-2/

Costin