Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Ostermann <ma...@noisix.de> on 2005/01/19 19:56:22 UTC

Portal Engine: Mainmenu>Linkmenu>Submenu

Hallo,
I am working with the Cocoon Portal Engine. I want to try out the
possibilities to build a navigation with menus that has the following
structure:

Main1   Main2   Main3   Main4   Main5   Main 6
Linktab2.1
Linktab2.2
   Subtab2.2.1
   Subtab2.2.2
   Subtab2.2.3
Linktab2.3
Linktab4

If one of the Main Tabs is pressed, you get an individual Linktab menu
for the selected Main Tab and shall get an individual Subtab menu for
the selected Linktab which is located directly under the selected
Linktab.

I have tried it with the following structure and this works very nice,
just that the Subtabs are located at the top-right of the Linktabs.

Main1   Main2   Main 3   Main4   Main5   Main6
Linktab2.1 Subtab2.2.1 Subtab2.2.2 Subtab2.2.3
Linktab2.2
Linktab2.3
Linktab2.4

Does someone know a Solution for this and may give me a hint.

Thanks.

Mark

Re: AW: Portal Engine: Mainmenu>Linkmenu>Submenu

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.
Hi,

> So it looks like this:

> Main1   Main2   Main3   Main4   Main5   Main 6
> Linktab2.1			Subtab2.2.1
> Linktab2.2			Subtab2.2.2
>    Subtab2.2.1		Subtab2.2.3
>    Subtab2.2.2	    Coplet1
>    Subtab2.2.3        Coplet2
>  Coplet1
>  Coplet2
> Linktab2.3
> Linktab4

if you want to output the subtabs in the linktab then
you have to add the following to the tab-content aspect
in the linktab renderer configuration in the cocoon.xconf:
<parameter name="child-tag-name" value="subtab"/>
this parameter forces the aspect to output subtabs
inside a child-tag.
this looks like this:
<named-item>
  <subtab>
    <named-item/>
    <named-item/>
  </subtab>
<named-item>

hth,

--
* best regards
* Jens Maukisch

AW: Portal Engine: Mainmenu>Linkmenu>Submenu

Posted by Mark Ostermann <ma...@noisix.de>.

Thanks for the reply. But that is what I have tried.

I'm rather new to XSLT and Cocoon. At daytime I'm a COBOL programmer on
an IBM Mainframe. :-)
After work I am furious to try and understand Cocoon.

Maybe I don't understand the way Cocoon creates the PortalPage enough.

What I have done is to call a <xsl:apply-templates /> in the linktab.xsl
where @selected ist true. Then I have the correct subtabs under the
selected linktab (that's what I want to have), but I have the coplets
underneath the subtabs too, which are rendered through the
<xsl:apply-templates /> in the subtab.xsl. And the subtab.xsl gets put
next to the Linktab again.

So it looks like this:

Main1   Main2   Main3   Main4   Main5   Main 6
Linktab2.1			Subtab2.2.1
Linktab2.2			Subtab2.2.2
   Subtab2.2.1		Subtab2.2.3
   Subtab2.2.2	    Coplet1
   Subtab2.2.3        Coplet2
 Coplet1
 Coplet2
Linktab2.3
Linktab4

How can I manage to get all the <named-items /> of the subtab into the
linktab, and only the coplets to each subtab in the content area.

My layout.xml looks like this:

<composite-layout name="tab" id="maintab">
<named-item name="Main1">
<named-item name="Main2">
  <composite-layout name="linktab" id="leftnav-home">
    <named-item name="Linktab2.2">
      <composite-layout name="subtab" id="subnav-home">
        <named-item name="Subtab2.2.1">
          <composite-layout name="row">
            <item>
              <coplet-layout name="coplet">
                <parameter name="class" value="window-bordered"/>
                <coplet-instance-data>coplet1</coplet-instance-data>
              </coplet-layout>
            </item>
          </composite-layout>
        </named-item>