Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Adam <ad...@btinternet.com> on 2001/11/30 00:14:47 UTC

Newbie installation problems

I am trying to get SOAP working with partial success on the following
platform

NT4 SP6a
JDK 1.2
Apache 1.3
Tomcat 3.3
Xerces 1.4
Apache-Soap 2-2

The problem I am having is that when I point my browser to the MessageRouter
URL I get the correct SOAP response from the server i.e about not speaking
HTTP GET, however when I try the rpcrouter URL I get the following error

Error: 500
Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.init(Compiled Code)
 at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled Code)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Anyone have any ideas or pointers ? I have searched the FAQ and the archives
for this list and cannot find this particular error. As far as I am aware my
classpath only contains directories in 8.3 format.

TIA