Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Glauber Reis <gl...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 20:09:35 UTC

[feature ideas] NetUI tags

Hello all,
 Now that Beehive 1.0 is out, wouldn't it be cool starting discussing
Beehive AJAX support? Here at work we're developing a Tree, a PopUp Window
that is triggered by an "out-of-band" message and a Marquee component that
are ajax-enabled pushlets; it'd be cool having such a feature in NetUI.
Could a server side pushlet framework make its way into Beehive?
  --
Glauber Adriano

Re: [feature ideas] NetUI tags

Posted by Glauber Adriano Reis <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daryl,

We've developed from scratch a very simple "ad-hoc" AJAX framework but
thought of using JSON in the beginning.
I tried to play around with some NetUI tags when it comes to AJAX,
I took a look at NetUI tree - I was aware it uses XHR, but my first
impression was that coding was a bit bound to the tree component itself and I needed
something a bit more general purpose; so I "stall" for a moment and
await the decisions as to AJAX adoption.
(Again :) )One really interesting feature is server->client messaging like in pushlets,
but using AJAX and not the former frame technique. runAtClient/expandOnServer
feature is great ...and  if, for instance, the tree representation on the server
side was changed and tree could be notified and then refresh itself? could this approach make
its way into tree component (not to mention other components)?
"Real-time" field validation would be great, as well.
I'd be very glad if I could be in sync with your thoughts, coding and prototyping!

--
Glauber Adriano

Re: [feature ideas] NetUI tags

Posted by Daryl Olander <do...@gmail.com>.