Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2015/05/12 12:43:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Any objects

Hi all,
I have put together a proposal at [1], tracked as SYNCOPE-666, for
extending the current provisioning handling of users and groups to any
kind of object which can be defined.

I see this an important upgrade for Syncope, heading in the direction of
IoT.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/%5BDISCUSS%5D+Any+objects

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Any objects

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
FYI, this work was just completed: Syncope 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT is now able to
define types of object (printers, folders, ...) and to manage such
objects as it does for users and groups: you can manage their lifecycle
internally and propagate to / synchronize from external resources. You
can even define general relationships among them.

Naturally, this will require connectors supporting more ConnId object
classes than __ACCOUNT__ and __GROUP__: at the moment only the Scripted
SQL connector has this power (and so it was included for integration tests).

Enjoy!