Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Nicholas Deane <nd...@vitalimages.com> on 2018/01/09 16:47:36 UTC

Cross NAR Controller Service access with gradle

Hi,

I’m working on a custom processor and want to utilize NiFi’s SSLContextService.

In my build.gradle dependencies section, I’ve included:
  compile "org.apache.nifi:nifi-ssl-context-service-api:$nifiVersion"

and in my code I’ve created the property descriptor with .identifiesControllerService(SSLContextService.class)

When I’m configuring the processor, I noticed that the property on the processor says that it “Requires Controller Service: SSLContextService from my-custom-nar”. When I create a StandardSSLContextService from the default org.apache.nifi bundle, it doesn’t show up in the processor’s list (as expected based on that info message).

I tried bringing in “nifi-ssl-context-service” and now I have two versions of StandardSSLContextService in the controller service list (one from the org.apache.nifi bundle and the other from my-custom-nar bundle). Is this how I should be doing something like this or is there a better way for me to use Controller Services across bundles and avoid having duplicates in that list?

Notice - Confidential Information The information in this communication and any attachments is strictly confidential and intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of the information contained in this communication and/or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please first notify the sender immediately and then delete this communication from all data storage devices and destroy all hard copies.

Re: Cross NAR Controller Service access with gradle

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Aw, man! I spent my lunch hour getting the Gradle stuff going, just to
learn there's already a plugin :) Thanks to @sponiro and to you for
sharing!  I will take a look to make sure it's up to date, but if it
seems to be working for you, and you have access to the plugin through
public repos (jcenter/bintray, maven central, etc.) then we might be
better served with Pull Requests for any changes that are needed :)

Regards,
Matt

    Nicholas,

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.