Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2016/02/20 10:05:11 UTC

HackIllinois Airavata Contributions

Sam, Sameet, Peter, Larry,

Thank you for your interest to contribute to Apache Airavata. To make the most out of hackethon, we will remove the latency of pull requests and have you all contribute to this external github repo within SciGaP a downstream airavata project  - https://github.com/SciGaP/allocateme <https://github.com/SciGaP/allocateme> towards the end of hackethon, we will merge this into main airavata code base.

It will be useful if you can break down the task into multiple sub tasks and describe your design choices in JIRA’s - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1893 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1893> You can create an account on this JIRA and start creating issues.

Lastly, in your commit messages include the JIRA number so they will be linked directly. For example you can say - initial data base design address AIRAVATA-1893 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1893> this will automatically link your commit to this issue. You may want to link your sub-tasks and if you did not have one when you commit just use AIRAVATA-1893 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1893>.

Happy Hacking,
Suresh

Re: HackIllinois Airavata Contributions

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.