Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Arend van der Veen <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 17:49:54 UTC

Compiling CPP Samples under Ubuntu 8.0.4

Hi,

I have what I hope is a simple question.  I downloaded
xml-security-c-1.5.1.tar.gz this morning and was able to compile and
install under Ubuntu 8.04.  I had to install libxerces28-dev.   I run
xtest and it did not report any errors.  It generate the following
error:

WARNING : No testing of XPath being performed as Xalan not present

I now wish to compile and test one of the samples.  I switched to the
following directory and compile:

cd src/samples
gcc simpleDecrypt.cpp

I then get a lot of errors mostly about undefined references all
related to xercesc_2_8.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to
get this sample compile?

Thanks in advance,
Arend

RE: Compiling CPP Samples under Ubuntu 8.0.4

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
FWIW, I patched the trunk for Linux w/o EC support, and it does build the
samples in bin, so I would assume the last release does too.

-- Scott

Re: Compiling CPP Samples under Ubuntu 8.0.4

Posted by Arend van der Veen <ar...@gmail.com>.
I will stick with the release.

arend.vanderveen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When a look in trunk in a subdirectory called "c", I do not see
"configure":

> If you check out svn, there won't be one until you use autotools to
bootstrap, which there's no script checked in to do for you. If you have to
ask, stick with the released version.

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by Arend van der Veen <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

When a look in trunk in a subdirectory called "c", I do not see "configure":

ubuntu:~/xml-security/c$ ls
aclocal.m4     config        include  m4           src
bin            configure.ac  INSTALL  Makefile.am  xml-security-c.spec
CHANGELOG.txt  doc           lib      Projects

This is available on the other builds.

Thanks,
Arend

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
On Aug 21, 2010, at 3:45 AM, Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> wrote:
> Out of curiosity - should the subversion trunk compile under Linux at the moment?

It should, but I don't test there until I have a reason, so it probably doesn't work yet.

-- Scott

Re: Compiling CPP Samples under Ubuntu 8.0.4

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
Heya,

Out of curiosity - should the subversion trunk compile under Linux at the moment?  I was going to have a look at the problem below, but I've got some problems that look like the makefiles might not have been updated for the EC stuff?  But before I touch anything I want to make sure I'm not just doing something stupid :).

Cheers,
	Berin

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by Arend van der Veen <ar...@gmail.com>.