Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by securenamefirst securenamelast <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/20 15:27:18 UTC

ftps server and using tls v1.1 by recompiling with open ssl version 1.0

Hi All,

i need to run ftp server to be able to use tlsv1.1.

it seems ftp server, similar to apache server only supports TLS v1.0.

how is it possible to recompile the openSSL  version 1.0.1-stable into the
latest version of ftp server to hopefully be able to configure TLS v 1.1

Apparently, TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are supported by openSSL  version 1.0.1-stable,
but not open ssl 0.9 which is what is used in most servers.  not sure what
ftp server uses maybe someone can inform us of that too.

some direction on how to replace the open ssl version with latest would be
great.

if anyone has previously done and had too many issues and given up then
that feedback would be greatly appreciated so that i don’t waste time
trying the same things.

thanks.

Re: ftps server and using tls v1.1 by recompiling with open ssl version 1.0

Posted by securenamefirst securenamelast <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thanks for that info.

but unfortunately I’m using below : and cant upgrade as the
current application is based on below java edition.

java version "1.5.0_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_14-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_14-b03, mixed mode)

the req is to transfer some files using current application with least
 ' as is' software but need a new mechanism to the actual transfer as
currently its done using tftp which is udp based and is not over ssl /
tls.  the requirement is to make the transfer of firmware over a TLS v 1.1
secure connection.

the only two solutions i have are apache webserver - which doesn’t support
tls1.1 and apache ftps which again doesn’t support tls 1.1.

i hear that s_server ... ( some kind of test server from open ssl ) does
support 1.1 and 1.2 but not sure if that's a production ready or dev only
server , so not sure what to do other than recompile the stable open ssl
version that support tls1.1 to mina apache ftpserver or apache webserever?

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all.

Posted by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com>.