Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kanarinka <ka...@ikatun.com> on 2002/07/03 23:27:35 UTC

RE: Problem with resource freeing.

Hello -

Has there been any exploration of the issue below? We are running our
application and Xindice under Tomcat 4.0 and this problem seems to be
happening.

The application and xindice handle requests fine for about the first 5
minutes that the app server is up and running but after that the
application hangs. It hangs in different places every time, so there is
no consistency to it.

We are running on Win2K, jdk 1.3.1_01, Tomcat 4.0 and Win2K, jdk
1.3.1_03, Tomcat 4.0

Does anybody have more information/workarounds/etc about this?

We would really appreciate it since we are about to deploy a distance
learning application using Xindice.

Thanks
Catherine D'Ignazio

List:     xindice-users
Subject:  Problem with resource freeing.
From:     Edward Nesterov <ed...@quadrix.com>
Date:     2002-05-08 17:33:25
[Download message RAW]

Hi,
I am working with latest release of Xindice on Linux RH6.2/JDK1.3.1_03.

The following problem constantly occurs:
	-Closing of Collection does not free resources (socket
connections are
established, thread(process) is alive(running)) though isOpen() returns
false.
	-Resources became freed only on client application exit, which
makes
impossible to use Xindice together with servlet engines, or other kind
of application servers.

I observed the same behavior on W2K/JDK1.3.1.
Is it bug or feature?
Are there any places to change the behavior of Xindice?

Thanks.

Ed.