Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Louis Vetsch <lw...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/17 14:34:44 UTC

ServletRequestCleanService throws RuntimeException

Hi,

In migrating our Jetspeed-2, 2.2.0 custom portal to 2.3.1, we are noticing
a RuntimeException being thrown
from org.apache.jetspeed.util.ServletRequestCleanupService. We have a class
that runs at portal server startup that processes template pages for our
portal application, which
calls org.apache.jetspeed.security.JSSubject.doAsPrivileged() to do this
processing. There doesn't seem to be any side effects other than the
exception in the Jetspeed.log file upon server startup.

The call stack of the exception is:

ERROR
[org.apache.jetspeed.util.ServletRequestCleanupService.addCleanupCallback():63]
Registring cleanup callback before ServletRequestCleanupService invoked
from filter chain.
java.lang.RuntimeException
at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.ServletRequestCleanupService.addCleanupCallback(ServletRequestCleanupService.java:58)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.ServletRequestThreadLocalCleanupCallback.<init>(ServletRequestThreadLocalCleanupCallback.java:33)
at org.apache.jetspeed.security.JSSubject.setSubject(JSSubject.java:50)
at org.apache.jetspeed.security.JSSubject.doAsPrivileged(JSSubject.java:185)

Can we safely ignore this exception or is there something we need to do
prior to calling our class during startup?

Thanks in advance.

Re: ServletRequestCleanService throws RuntimeException

Posted by DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Looks like the JSSubject code is indirectly assuming its always running in a servlet request. Yes, you can safely ignore the error, but I think we can improve on this internally