Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JB...@silenus.com on 2001/07/26 16:07:57 UTC

locating web.xml

I have created a new directory structure for my servlet and jsp's.
Everything works ok except my servlet cannot find its web.xml file. How do
I tell Tomcat (or the servlet) where it is?  I currently have it in the
same directory as my servlet:

C:\www\PSP\servlet\

Thanks,

Jason E. Brawner

Re: locating web.xml

Posted by Mattias Karlsvaerd <ma...@yahoo.se>.
You can read the "Developing Applications With Tomcat"
it discribes in steps how you could develop a
webapplication with Tomcat and how the directorytree
should look like. It's availible on tomcat's homepage.

The web.xml file should be placed in the WEB-INF dir
in your docbase dir.
You also have to define a context for your application
in server.xml. This file can be found in the tomcat
home dir in the conf dir.

--- JBrawner@silenus.com wrote: > I have created a new
directory structure for my
> servlet and jsp's.
> Everything works ok except my servlet cannot find
> its web.xml file. How do
> I tell Tomcat (or the servlet) where it is?  I
> currently have it in the
> same directory as my servlet:
>
> C:\www\PSP\servlet\
>
> Thanks,