Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/27 06:10:16 UTC

New ideas for contribution

Hi Team,
I am looking for new tasks and areas for contribution.

Could someone suggest few areas that are priorities for Drill and/or are
left out for a while. I would start exploring them and reach out in case of
any queries.

Thanks.

Re: New ideas for contribution

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques,
I somehow failed to miss the update by Cassandra user. My Bad Bad.
I would love to pick it and bring the patch in a adaptable state.

Also would like to mention that the Cassandra Pushdown is still something
that is left out. Would be great if experienced contributors from Hbase and
Mongo storage can share their ideas. We can have a dedicated thread for it
where we can discuss the fall backs and improvements.

Thank you Yousef,
I have now got two very important things to work on "JDBC & Cassandra" -
First priority of-course being my own patch on cassandra-storage which
users are facing issues with.

And even if I might not be able to work on your suggestion immediately, I
do agree with you with your idea and I would like to reopen the Thread on
"drill support mysql?" where all the good discussion was. Please share you
thoughts and current work on the thread and I would start exploring it in
parallel.

Also if you are interested contributing I would definitely like to work
with you ?
Would you like to work on the issue with me ?

Keep Drilling,
Yash

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Hey Yash,

Posted by Yousef Lasi <yo...@gmail.com>.
I think a JDBC storage plugin would be a valuable contribution as itt would
immediately enable the ability to query legacy DBMS's