Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Kirkbride <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/18 10:53:10 UTC

Further Issues with mod_jk when using 4 app servers

Hi,

There definitely seems to be an issue with 4 app servers. Initially I
thought the problem was one of load balancing. I have definitely confirmed
that the load balancing fails with 4 app servers (this is covered in a
separate email thread)
However, this morning we've been getting a lot of complaints about session
timeouts since the 4th app server went in. I wonder if the sticky session
attribute is getting lost following the introduction of the 4th app server.
This is across 2 independent sites - so I know the problem isn't isolated to
one bit of hardware or syntax error. When I remove the 4th app server -
everything is fine again.

I have attached my workers properties.

I am using mod_jk 1.2.23 but also tried 1.2.22 as well.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who is successfully using 4 app
servers.

Thanks for any help - I'm not sure where to go at the moment - our test
environment doesn't have 4 app servers in it!!

Rob

RE: Further Issues with mod_jk when using 4 app servers

Posted by "Raghupathy, Gurumoorthy" <Gu...@nielsen.com>.
Welcome ... Cheers!!

Regards
Guru