Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/03/25 18:20:36 UTC

[ANNOUCEMENT] Pig & Hadoop Contributors Workshop at Yahoo!

Hello Hadoop Contributors,

The Yahoo Hadoop Development team would like to invite you to a
Contributors Workshop for Hadoop Core (HDFS & Map-Reduce) and another
for Pig on the day following the Hadoop Summit.  The purpose of the
workshops is to collectively discuss challenges, concerns and future
ideas around Hadoop and Pig technologies.

When: June 30th 2010 @ 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Yahoo! Buildling C, Classroom 5 @ 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale
CA 94089

If you have any suggestion for agenda items, please suggest them on
the relevant developers list.  Owen O'Malley has volunteered to help
organize the Hadoop Core meeting and Alan Gates is doing the same for
Pig.

Please RSVP by sending an email to hadoopcontributorrsvp@yahoo-inc.com
before May 30th if you plan to attend.

See you all at the Hadoop Summit – June 29th, http://www.hadoopsummit.org/

Looking forward to meeting more of you!

Eric Baldeschwieler & Owen O'Malley

PS We would be happy to provide space for any of the other Hadoop sub-
projects as well!  If you are interested in organizing such a
workshop, please email us at hadoopcontributorrsvp@yahoo-inc.com with
"WORKSHOP ORGANIZER (project)" in the subject line. I'll send a
separate email to their dev lists with this invitation also.

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] Pig & Hadoop Contributors Workshop at Yahoo!

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Mar 25, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> Please RSVP by sending an email to hadoopcontributorrsvp@yahoo-
> inc.com before May 30th if you plan to attend.

The proper email is: hadoopcontributor@yahoo-inc.com . Sorry for the
confusion.

-- Owen

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] Pig & Hadoop Contributors Workshop at Yahoo!

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.