Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se> on 2009/02/12 12:09:06 UTC

Model on Select

Hi,

I'm using CompoundPropertyModel on a form. When using with SelectOption I
can't set the selected index.
The "none" select option is there to add a none to the list. How can I set
the selected option in the listview? Any Pointers?

 materialCategoryInformation = new Select("materialCategoryInformation" );
        materialCategoryInformation.add(new SelectOption("none", new
Model(/*NULL*/)));
        materialCategoryInformation.setRequired(true);
        materialCategoryInformation.setOutputMarkupId( true );

        ListView materialCategoryList = new ListView( "materialCategoryList"
, materialCategoryModel ){

			@Override
        	protected void populateItem( final ListItem item ){
        		item.setRenderBodyOnly( true );
        		final CodedChainInformation codedInformation =
(CodedChainInformation) item.getModelObject();

        		SelectOption option = new SelectOption( "option" , new Model(
(Serializable) item.getModelObject() )){

					@Override
         			protected void onComponentTagBody( MarkupStream markupStream,
ComponentTag tag ){
         				String name = codedInformation.getName();
         				if( ! codedInformation.isSeparator() )
         					name = "&nbsp;&nbsp;" + name;
         				replaceComponentTagBody(markupStream, tag, name  );

         			}
         		};

        		item.add( option );

        		if( codedInformation.isSeparator() ){
        			option.add( new SimpleAttributeModifier( "class" , "separator"
));
        		}else{
        			option.add( new SimpleAttributeModifier( "class" , "sub" ) );
        		}

        	}
        };

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
How is this possible.

The first time my web container is loaded and I access the page all
dropdowns and Select are set according to the values that my class has( new
CompoundPropertyModel( new Model( myClass ) ) ). When returning to this page
a second time the Select is not set. I have tried all that I can come up
with.

Any pointers?

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
Odd, the first time ever I access the page the select option is set otherwise
it is not.

Re: Model on Select

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
oh oh they are on to us!

-igor

Re: Model on Select

Posted by Martin Voigt <ma...@artnology.com>.

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
Hi again,

Re: Model on Select

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
use the quickstart maven2 archetype to generate a basic project. add
code to it that replicates your problem. zip it up and attach it to a
jira issue.

-igor

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
OK,

Re: Model on Select

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
then you are more then welcome to provide a quickstart attached to a jira issue.

-igor

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
Thanks anyway for your time, but I think I will stick to DropDownChoice for
now.

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.

Re: Model on Select

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
whenever a listview contains form components you have to call
setreuseitems(true).

its in the javadoc, it has been mentioned on this list a thousand times.

its probably on the wiki page somewhere.

-igor

Re: Model on Select

Posted by jn73 <jn...@gmail.com>.

Mathias P.W Nilsson wrote:

> The first time my web container is loaded and I access the page all
> dropdowns and Select are set according to the values that my class has(
> new CompoundPropertyModel( new Model( myClass ) ) ). When returning to
> this page a second time the Select is not set. I have tried all that I can
> come up with.

I have a similar problem with the Select component. Everything works as
expected until there is a validation error on the form submit. If this
happens the Select components will display a None value in my case, so i
have to re-select items again.

Re: Model on Select

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
After switching from Select and SelectOption to DropDownChoice it works.
Maybe there is a problem with my Select code or there is a wicket bug.

// Mathias