Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/03/26 21:29:07 UTC

Re: Content Negotiation: new code available...

> In srm.conf (substitute the extension of your choice ("meta"?) for
> "map" if you like:
>
>   AddType text/html;level=3 html3
>   AddType application/x-type-map map
>   DirectoryIndex index
>
> The last of these directives causes the server to do content
> arbitration among "index.html" and "index.html3" when looking for a
> prebuilt directory listing in a directory with MultiViews enabled, or
> even invoke "index.cgi" if there is one lying around, and there's no
> other "index.*".  In access.conf:
>
>   Options MultiViews
>
> to turn MultiViews on.  (Note that "Options All" still leaves it off).

Do I understand correctly that Netscape 1.1b is broken and cannot
negotiate an *.html3 document?

After applying rst's patches uploaded today, I have done the following:

/* added the following to srm.conf */

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html3 .shtml3
AddType application/x-type-map var
AddType text/html;level=3 html3
DirectoryIndex index

/* Enabled Multiviews with */

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes Multiviews

/* In index.var: */

URI: index.html

URI: index.html3