Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stephen Green <ee...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/27 16:16:11 UTC

Highlighting parameters wiki

The wiki entry for hl.highlightMultiTerm:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.highlightMultiTerm

doesn't appear to be correct.  It says:

If the SpanScorer is also being used, enables highlighting for
range/wildcard/fuzzy/prefix queries. Default is false.

But the code in DefaultSolrHighlighter (both on the 1.4 branch that
I'm using and in the trunk) does:

    Boolean highlightMultiTerm =
request.getParams().getBool(HighlightParams.HIGHLIGHT_MULTI_TERM,
true);
    if(highlightMultiTerm == null) {
      highlightMultiTerm = false;
    }

which looks to me like like it's going to default to true, since
getBool will never return null, and if it gets a null value from the
parameters internally, it will return true.

Shall I file a Jira on this one?  Perhaps it's easier just to fix the Wiki page?

Steve
--
Stephen Green
http://thesearchguy.wordpress.com

Re: Highlighting parameters wiki

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
(10/07/27 23:16), Stephen Green wrote:
> The wiki entry for hl.highlightMultiTerm:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.highlightMultiTerm
>
> doesn't appear to be correct.  It says:
>
> If the SpanScorer is also being used, enables highlighting for
> range/wildcard/fuzzy/prefix queries. Default is false.
>
> But the code in DefaultSolrHighlighter (both on the 1.4 branch that
> I'm using and in the trunk) does:
>
>      Boolean highlightMultiTerm =
> request.getParams().getBool(HighlightParams.HIGHLIGHT_MULTI_TERM,
> true);
>      if(highlightMultiTerm == null) {
>        highlightMultiTerm = false;
>      }
>
> which looks to me like like it's going to default to true, since
> getBool will never return null, and if it gets a null value from the
> parameters internally, it will return true.
>
> Shall I file a Jira on this one?  Perhaps it's easier just to fix the Wiki page?
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

Please just fix the wiki page. Thank you for reporting this!

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/