Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Baiss Eric Magnusson <ba...@mac.com> on 2004/07/01 23:10:06 UTC

Axis LogFactory NoClassDefFoundError

I was able to run the Apache Axis stuff from my development machine
running MacOSX 10.3.4.

But when I try to deploy the app on my MacOSXS 10.2.8 server, I get the
following:

com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException
[java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError] null
  com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException for
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
         at
org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43)
         at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
         at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:113)
         at _Utilities.stockQuote(_Utilities.java:46)

The failed line of code in <_Utilities.stockQuote> is:
	org.apache.axis.client.Service service = new
org.apache.axis.client.Service();

I installed the 8 jar files from the <axis-bin-1_2beta.tar.gz> lib file
on both machines at
	</Library/Java/Extensions>

I tried from Terminal:

     sudo java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd

And got:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
         at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.class$(LogFactory.java:45)
         at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
         at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.ja
va:41)
         at
org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:
33)
         at
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.<clinit>(AdminClient.java:47)

----
Baiss Eric Magnusson
<http://www.Track-Your-Finances.com>
<http://www.CascadeWebDesign.com>