Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/10/01 01:35:51 UTC

Junit 3.8.1?

Hi,

Anyone else mind if I upgrade to JUnit 3.8.1. It adds a few more convenience
methods for assertions and dos away with annoying pass through constructors
ala

    public AssemblerTestCase( final String name )
    {
        super( name );
    }

I have been using it in other stuff and it seems all good.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Junit 3.8.1?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> +1. It's useful =)
>
> - Leo
>
> On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 01:35, Peter Donald wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Anyone else mind if I upgrade to JUnit 3.8.1.

+1

The only problem that I've run into is a classloader related one.  JUnit
3.8.1 sets the ContextClassLoader to be a ClassLoader that is a direct
descendant of the System ClassLoader.  In J2EE environments where the
ContextClassLoader is already set, this is disasterous.  For *most*
of the things we test, it doesn't really affect us.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Junit 3.8.1?

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.