Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/01/24 07:10:33 UTC

LARGEFILE support?

Question,

  if we enable largefile support for unix, the apr_finfo_t->size, apr_off_t,
and so forth all become 64 bit identities?

  Are we prepared to do so today?  Consequences?  Win32 absolutely handles
64 bit file sizes/offsets without complaint, I just want to get a handle on
how we proceed for all the platforms' benefit.

Bill

Re: LARGEFILE support?

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
This seems like the correct way to go.  Of course autoconf checks for
platforms that use it tos witch on the support can also be added.

david
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Question,
> >
> >   if we enable largefile support for unix, the apr_finfo_t->size,
apr_off_t,
> > and so forth all become 64 bit identities?
> >
> >   Are we prepared to do so today?  Consequences?  Win32 absolutely
handles
> > 64 bit file sizes/offsets without complaint, I just want to get a handle
on
> > how we proceed for all the platforms' benefit.
>
> We can't enable it by default, because that has some serious consequences
> on some platforms.  If we want to provide a configure option, then we can
> turn it on whenever we want to.  If we want to enable it on some platforms
> by default, I don't see that as a problem.
>
> Ryan

___
> Ryan Bloom                        rbb@apache.org
> 406 29th St.