Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu> on 2000/02/03 06:18:05 UTC

Jserv and/or Tomcat compil & install on Linux and Solaris available

I placed on the net
  http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/
my compilation and install notes for Apache + MOD_SSL (i.e., EAPI)
as DSO with either JSERV1.1 or Tomcat 3.0 or Tomcat 3.1 for Linux or
Sparc Solaris 2.7.  It probably is too ugly to hit the FAQ-o-matic,
but at the same time, it is better than nothing... And these are pretty
detailed logs...

Total of 6 compilation/installation instructions..

I had to compile this stuff since the binary distributions usually provide
you with jserv module compiled without EAPI. Extended API is a requirement
for mod_ssl Apache installation, and I had to recompile jserv with these
options. Also, I like the MM module... So I compiled the whole thing
from scratch.

Please tell me about bugs and typos. I am sure there are many...

Thanks...

Jan
jkl@osc.edu

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/