Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Matt Hoskins <ma...@nipltd.com> on 1999/04/24 16:02:31 UTC

mod_proxy/4302: It would be useful for response headers added by other modules to be added to the server's response.

>Number:         4302
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       It would be useful for response headers added by other modules to be added to the server's response.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The specific case is that I want mod_usertrack's cookies to be sent for
proxied requests as well as normal requests. It's conceivable there may be other
cases where it'd be useful to add headers other than cookies to the proxied
output, but I can't think of any right now :).
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
A simple addition to proxy_http.c to allow this is that after the line which
reads:
      ap_table_do(ap_proxy_send_hdr_line, &tdo, resp_hdrs, NULL);
you add:
      ap_table_do(ap_proxy_send_hdr_line, &tdo, r->headers_out, NULL);

I haven't investigated fully but I guess this shouldn't cause backward
compatibility problems as where people are using the proxy facility, they won't
be adding additional headers for output to the client.