Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Gr...@MDSUK.COM on 2009/04/09 10:02:31 UTC

Parametertized AMF3 request support

Hi

We've used JMeter in the past for load testing Web Services, databasese
via the JDBC sampler, EJBs and standard HHTP(S) Web Apps. We're now
looking at load testing a Flex application using AMF3 (using the Flex
RemoteObject API). I've notice a few threads over the last year hinted at
parameterized support for AMF3 - ideally support for deserializing  the
binary object.  How is this progressing ? I ask because I'd prefer to use
JMeter, but if we can't we'll end up buying something expensive (NeoLoad
or WebLoad). If we bought something expensive and JMeter supported AMF3 a
few months later I would be sacked :-)

Thanks

Greg

Re: Parametertized AMF3 request support

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 09/04/2009, Greg.Peace@mdsuk.com <Gr...@mdsuk.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  We've used JMeter in the past for load testing Web Services, databasese
>  via the JDBC sampler, EJBs and standard HHTP(S) Web Apps. We're now
>  looking at load testing a Flex application using AMF3 (using the Flex
>  RemoteObject API). I've notice a few threads over the last year hinted at
>  parameterized support for AMF3 - ideally support for deserializing  the
>  binary object.  How is this progressing ? I ask because I'd prefer to use
>  JMeter, but if we can't we'll end up buying something expensive (NeoLoad
>  or WebLoad). If we bought something expensive and JMeter supported AMF3 a
>  few months later I would be sacked :-)

IFAIK, there are no plans to add AMF3 support.

But if someone provides a patch - and a way to test it - then we will
consider adding it.