Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/08 17:03:12 UTC

Rya Working Group tomorrow

Hi everyone,
We've been having regular meetings to discuss Rya development among some of
the developers, and we would like to open them up to the rest of the Rya
development community.  These meetings are intended to be an opportunity to
discuss current development and get feedback on larger design decisions.
I am having difficulty setting up a google hang out (sorry never done this
before), so if someone else ants to do that, that would be great, otherwise
we can use my telecon number (which i'll send out if the hangout fails).
Does anyone have any topics that we should discuss?  Last time we talked
about transaction support, maybe this time we can discuss different query
optimization strategies or maybe detail what backends exist and what
features are available on them?
Thanks,
Puja

Re: Rya Working Group tomorrow

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
We had a relatively short discussion that focused on two items:

1. New Feature: We briefly discussed the new Fluo work that was just
checked in [1] and the forth coming improvements that are documented in
Jira.

2. Next time -- Hands-on Developer Demo: Next Rya Working Group we will do
a hands on demo walking through the RyaDirectExample [2] code.  We will
highlight both the persistence/secondary indexing components that are used
in that example, as well as the query planner and execution mechanisms.

Thanks!

--Aaron

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-rya/tree/develop/extras/rya.pcj.fluo
[2]