Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ajay Gullapalli <Aj...@compaid.com> on 2002/11/07 14:42:02 UTC

Transactions and EJB testing

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could post how transactions work in Cactus
when testing EJBs. I have a test case that has several testXXX in it
that test some container managed beans. When I run the test case, all
the individual tests seem to run under one transaction.

When does Cactus start a transaction? When does it commit or abort this
transaction. Does it start and run under one single transaction for the
entire test case?

Thank you.

Ajay

RE: Transactions and EJB testing

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Ajay,

Cactus does not start any transaction. Your EJB does. Check your
deployment descriptors, maybe they are not correct?

-Vincent

Posted by Slava Imeshev <im...@yahoo.com>.
Ajay,

If you don't use UserTransaction in your test code,
TXs will be handled by the EJB container. Generally,
if you have Required attribute for your bean methods,
every call to a bean method will start/finish transaction.

In other words, it's unlikely that different testXXX
run under the same TX untill you take special actions
to acomplish it.

Regards,

Slava Imeshev