Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by LECHAUX Emmanuel <e....@astellia.com> on 2012/01/12 18:05:32 UTC

[Axis2C] How can I get a CA certificate from a server with Axis2C?

Hi all,

This is my first message to this mailing list...

I'm developing a SOAP client on MS Windows with axis2C 1.6.0 + SSL. My client communicates with an SSL webserver on Linux OS.

For developing and testing purpose, the CA certificate verification is made by modification of the axis2.xml file: I copy the certificate from the server to the client, I modify the "SERVER_CERT" path  and it work fine.

I wonder if there is another solution to automaticaly download the server certificate?

The only solution I know is:

< openssl s_client -connect <servername>:<port> >

Is there an Axis2C API which is able to do the same thing ?

Best regards,

Emmanuel LECHAUX
Prestataire R&D

Astellia
Tel.: +33 (0)2 99 04 80 60
Visit our web site: www.astellia.com

Season's Greetings from Astellia

________________________________
Ce message et tout document joint sont confidentiels et ? l'intention exclusive des destinataires.
S'ils vous ont ?t? adress?s par erreur, merci d'en informer imm?diatement l'exp?diteur et de les d?truire.
Toute copie, diffusion ou utilisation non autoris?e est interdite. Tout message ?lectronique est susceptible d'alt?ration : Astellia d?cline toute responsabilit? si le message ou les documents joints ont subi une quelconque modification.

This message and any attachment are confidential and intended solely to its addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please cancel it and inform immediately the sender.
Any unauthorised copy or dissemination is prohibited. Electronic messages may be altered: Astellia shall not be liable for those circumstances.

AW: [Axis2C] How can I get a CA certificate from a server with Axis2C?

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
I would look for Rampart/C 1.6.1 http://axis.apache.org/axis2/c/rampart/ first.

If that does not fit your needs or is an overkill or is somewhat unclear for you

then best learn first about JCE (Java Cryptiographic Extension) and start with

a Security Provider

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jce/JCERefGuide.html

AND

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/CryptoSpec.html

Learn how to generate i.e. an RSA Key Pair and how to store it in a Key Store.

(I am just doing the same but for my security interoperability problem having

my MS .NET WCF Client exchanging certain SOAP/XML strings in a encrypted

form with my AXIS2/J web service running on OpenVMS.

Josef

Currently There is not an api to do it from Axis2/C. You can use a web browser to get the ssl certification as well.

Regards

Nandika

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM, LECHAUX Emmanuel <e....@astellia.com> wrote:

Hi all,

This is my first message to this mailing list...

I'm developing a SOAP client on MS Windows with axis2C 1.6.0 + SSL. My client communicates with an SSL webserver on Linux OS.

For developing and testing purpose, the CA certificate verification is made by modification of the axis2.xml file: I copy the certificate from the server to the client, I modify the "SERVER_CERT" path  and it work fine.

I wonder if there is another solution to automaticaly download the server certificate?

The only solution I know is:

« openssl s_client -connect <servername>:<port> »

Is there an Axis2C API which is able to do the same thing ?

Best regards,

Emmanuel LECHAUX

Prestataire R&D

Astellia

Tel.: +33 (0)2 99 04 80 60 <tel:%2B33%20%280%292%2099%2004%2080%2060>

Visit our web site: www.astellia.com

Season's Greetings from Astellia

Ce message et tout document joint sont confidentiels et à l'intention exclusive des destinataires.
S'ils vous ont été adressés par erreur, merci d'en informer immédiatement l'expéditeur et de les détruire.
Toute copie, diffusion ou utilisation non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération : Astellia décline toute responsabilité si le message ou les documents joints ont subi une quelconque modification.

Re: [Axis2C] How can I get a CA certificate from a server with Axis2C?

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.