Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Nicolae Mihalache <xp...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/09 15:28:05 UTC

[Artemis] message flow with core bridges

Hello,

I have setup with a core bridge configuration between two artemis servers.
The latency between the servers is 12-13 ms (round trip).
I have a producer that produces about 150 messages per second and my
problem is that  the bridge does not manage to keep up with the producer.
The sender address is configured for paging and the paging directory keeps
increasing in size.

When I run a tcpdump I see that after each tcp send there is a response
received so it looks to me that artemis sender waits for a confirmation
from the receiver before sending the next message.

I also see in the netstat that there is no tcp buffer on the sender, load
average is also very small so I'm very confident that it's not a network
bandwith or cpu load problem.

I tried all kind of configs:
 in the connector configuration  preAcknowledge=true
in the bridge configuration setting a large value for
confirmation-window-size

none of them seems to have any effect.

I'm using artemis core 1.5.4

Any idea?

thanks,
nicolae

Re: [Artemis] message flow with core bridges

Posted by Nicolae Mihalache <xp...@gmail.com>.
No, it was just because I disabled duplicate detection and that made it
switch to an synchronous delivery.
I didn't see that documented anywhere but I found it by debugging the
source code (long life open-source):

https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/8886ec29247fdaf1500d5d216015c0cc9ea05f75/artemis-server/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/artemis/core/server/cluster/ClusterManager.java#L457

Posted by Nicolae Mihalache <xp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.