Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2003/02/01 14:16:14 UTC

Re: Turbine, Fulcrum, and Avalon

"Quinton McCombs" <qm...@nequalsone.com> writes:

>To summarize what has been discussed so far....

>1) Drop stratum lifecycle interfaces.  They will be replaced with the
>Avalon lifecycle interfaces.

+1

>2) We need to decide if Fulcrum will have it's own container or if it
>will just be a collection of components.  Note:  I am not talking about
>writing a container.  We would simply use ECM or some other like
>product.

+1 on "collection of components"

>3) The entire services layer will be deprecated.  A new method of
>accessing the components will be used to replace the old functionality
>that the services layer provided.

+1

>4) We will use a customized LoggerFactory component that uses
>commons-logging.

+1

0

>6) All of the components should be compatible with ECM and Plexus.  We
>really need more discussion on this goal to determine what this will
>require and if there are other containers that we want to be compatible
>with.

no opinion

>We have already discussed having the ability to load Avalon components
>as being part of the plan for Turbine 2.3.  Perhaps if we can get
>Fulcrum ready, it can be released at the same time??

+1

>I will try to get a Tiki page created for all of this sometime today or
>the next.

A what? ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen                  INTERMETA GmbH
hps@intermeta.de           +49 9131 50 654 0        http://www.intermeta.de/

  Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services -- hero for hire
        freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development  -- RHSCLG