Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by chris <cg...@adknowledge.com> on 2008/02/25 18:30:12 UTC

Hadoop summit on March 25th

I see the class is full with more than 50 watchers. Any chance the size will
expand? If not, any date in mind for a second one?

Re: Hadoop summit on March 25th

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.
+1

I have a colleague I would like to bring as well.

Maybe we need to have an unconference in a park next door and take turns
actually being in the hall for the talks.

Posted by Bruce Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc Boucher <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Marc Boucher, Founder and Chief Architect
Hyperix Search, Inc.

Re: Hadoop summit on March 25th

Posted by mickey hsieh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> I've bumped up the numbers on Upcoming.org to allow more folks to attend.
> The room might be a little crowded, but we'll make it work.
>
> We're also looking at webcasting in addition to posting video after the
> summit.

That would be great. I found some other nice links there at the theater,
which may be interesting to the Hadoop community ... ;)

http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/theater/archives/2008/02/exports_work_hadoop_the_webmap.html
http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/theater/archives/2008/01/jeff_hammerbacher_facebook.html
http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/theater/archives/2007/11/experts_work_eric_baldeschwieler.html

--