Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kristofer Eriksson <Kr...@techmar.de> on 2004/08/06 14:16:45 UTC

RE: [jelly] problem outputing xml namespaces

Hi,

I just came a cross below described problem that was discussed about a year
ago. Was wondering if someone have found a solution alt workaround. I am
currently using the latest 1.4 release of dom4j.

Regards

Kristofer Eriksson

I've taken a closer look at the problem.

> I just noticed a rather awkward problem when Jelly outputs
> XML elements with
> namespace attributes.  Somehow it doesn't output a
> doublequote after the
> namespace URI (attribute value).  Take this script for example:
>
>       <j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" trim="false">
>        <foo x="y" xmlns=""/>
>        <foo:foo xmlns:foo="urn:foons"/>
>       </j:jelly>
>
> The output generated by Jelly is:
>
>        <foo xmlns=" x="y"></foo>
>        <foo:foo xmlns:foo="urn:foons></foo:foo>
>
> For both namespace declarations the doublequote after the
> namespace URI is
> missing.  Is this a problem in Jelly or dom4j even?  Either
> way: Should
> Jelly bugs be reported using JIRA or BugZilla?

It actually does seem to be a problem in dom4j (version bundled with Jelly).
Executing the following snippet:

        XMLWriter w = new XMLWriter(System.out);
        w.startDocument();
        w.startPrefixMapping("j", "jelly:core");
        w.startElement("jelly:core", "jelly", "j:jelly", new
AttributesImpl());
        w.endElement("jelly:core", "jelly", "j:jelly");
        w.endPrefixMapping("j");
        w.flush();

yields:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core></j:jelly>

So, when using dom4j by itself the problem is present as well.  Which I
guess, in a way, is good news for Jelly ;-)

Cheers,

--
knut

Kristofer Eriksson

Re: [jelly] problem outputing xml namespaces

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
At least this one I can help right away...

Sorry for my silence on other topics you raised, I just didn't find the
time...

> I just came a cross below described problem that was discussed about a
> year
> ago. Was wondering if someone have found a solution alt workaround. I
> am
> currently using the latest 1.4 release of dom4j.

Yes, this has been fixed in all 1.5 pre-releases of dom4j I know
therefore Jelly's current CVS  depends on dom4j-1.5-beta-2. Sadly a
weird CDATA output test-failure makes it that we haven't updated yet to
the release candidate.
There's also some unit-tests in dom4j to protect this and another quite
buggy behaviour which mostly shows up in jelly where text elements can
come very numerous.

 From some of your mails, I seem to see you are not using the latest CVS
tree... you definitely should, Jelly is lacking releases quite much!

paul