Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au> on 2005/10/12 03:30:41 UTC

Spaces in the database name with the client driver

We had issues a while ago with having spaces in the name of the database
when using the embedded driver.  These have been fixed, but...

I've just found that there is an issue when using the *client* driver
with databases that have spaces in their name.

Is there some kind of workaround for this issue?

As it's a URL we're supposed to specify, I tried using %20 but that
didn't work anyway.  I also tried modifying the URL parsing code in the
ClientDriver class but that results in a network protocol error.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd
Level 8, 143 York Street, Sydney 2000
Phone: (02) 9283 9010
Fax:   (02) 9283 9020

Re: Spaces in the database name with the client driver

Posted by Oy...@Sun.COM.
Daniel Noll wrote:
> We had issues a while ago with having spaces in the name of the database
> when using the embedded driver.  These have been fixed, but...
>
> I've just found that there is an issue when using the *client* driver
> with databases that have spaces in their name.
>
> Is there some kind of workaround for this issue?
>
> As it's a URL we're supposed to specify, I tried using %20 but that
> didn't work anyway.  I also tried modifying the URL parsing code in the
> ClientDriver class but that results in a network protocol error.

Hi Daniel,

did you get any replies on this? Did you find a workaround? I know
others have hit this problem too, so I created DERBY-708 for this issue.

--
Oyvind Bakksjo
Trondheim, Norway