Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/08/15 08:53:08 UTC

Docs leading up to Apache CloudStack 4.2

Hi All,

The docs (installguide, adminguide, release notes) leading up to the
Apache CloudStack 4.2 release will keep building on jenkins [1] [2]
[3] as they are written/fixed/corrected. Please review them to help
fix doc errors. Our tech writing team is very busy working towards
bettering our docs and will be happy to recieve bug reports [4]. You
should already have recieved notifications of docs added for new
features. Let us know what you think either via JIRA or an email to
the dev@ list.

If you would like to contribute to the doc writing, make sure to visit
the compiled wikis written up by Jessica and Radhika:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/hQLMAQ

[1] http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/docs-4.2-adminguide/
[2] http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/docs-4.2-installguide/
[3] http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/docs-4.2-releasenotes/
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/vRvVAQ

Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Docs leading up to Apache CloudStack 4.2

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
In case anyone is trying to understand the random English I just sent, I
have a version below of what I meant to say.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Docs leading up to Apache CloudStack 4.2

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
There are too many documentation sites and not enough attention paid to
the main doc set.

I agree that they ramble around; Topics are thrown in out of place; Some
sections in the install are just noise, they have no actions described
in them.

There is no clear description of the network setup and that is key to
getting it to work.

I have not been able to install it yet and have it work.

I keep waiting for a doc set that is actually correct.
I read the docs and write JIRAs when I can understand enough to describe
where it is screwed up.

I have done Unix and Linux system administration for 20 years (CentOS
for the last 10) and for 20 years before that ran DEC-10 and VAX sites.
I do not have a lot of time to spend on this at the moment but it should
be something that should be easy to set up in a few hours.
I don't want to run and administer CloudStack, I want to use CloudStack
to manage a cloud where I can get my apps up and running more easily on
virtual machines.

This should not be as hard to install as it appears to be.

Ron

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.
Ron,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com