Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Janett <ml...@newmediaone.com> on 2003/07/30 16:46:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Merchant Account Provider Needed

I'm looking for good merchant account providers (so clients can take Visa
and MasterCard online) for my clients.  I have been reselling one service,
which has good rates, but the approval process is so bad, it makes me look
bad.

So, I'm looking for recommendations on merchant account providers,
preferably with some sort of reseller program, but that's not as important
as a good company.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter Janett

New Media One Web Services, LLC
http://www.newmediaone.net
webmaster@newmediaone.net
(303)828-9882

Re: [users@httpd] Merchant Account Provider Needed

Posted by Jonathan Hilgeman <jh...@red-tea-rooibos.com>.
Whatever you do, don't use First American Payment Systems. We're desperately
trying to get rid of them - their virtual terminal always goes down and they
only have one programmer on staff that can fix it, and he's unavailable the
SECOND that it hits 5 PM Central Time. Beyond just an ugly interface and
unreliable service, their fees will kill your profits. I don't normally bash
companies, even those that I have disliked in the past, but I have to send
out the warning: their service is simply awful.

Now, we're starting up with Bank of America's merchant services (we have our
checking account with BOFA anyway). So far it's been good - no hiccups with
the service except that in the welcome package, they also sent me a credit
card imprinter that I didn't order, but they're sending a call tag to pick
it back up again. The virtual terminal COULD be easier to use, but it's not
particularly difficult, either - it's just laid out a bit weird. The API was
a little difficult to set up initially, but after I understood it, it was
fine. I have a function written in PHP for processing transactions through
that API, if you're interested.

We've been with them for a month and it's been good so far. I haven't been
able to find any negative comments about them anywhere else, so that's a
good sign, too. Hope this helps.

- Jonathan

Posted by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com>.
> I'm looking for good merchant account providers (so clients can take Visa
> and MasterCard online) for my clients.  I have been reselling one service,
> which has good rates, but the approval process is so bad, it makes me look
> bad.
>
> So, I'm looking for recommendations on merchant account providers,
> preferably with some sort of reseller program, but that's not as important
> as a good company.

We've been using Payflo Pro from Verisign for credit card validation with
absolutely no problems for about 2 years now.  I don't think we've received
one complaint related to credit card billing.

-Jacob