Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Russell J. Lahti" <ru...@ajboggs.com> on 2002/01/11 21:23:37 UTC

ServerSignature and ServerTokens conflict?

Well, not actually a conflict, but..

ServerSignature has the following options:
ServerSignature On|Off|EMail

ServerTokens has the following:
ServerTokens Minimal|ProductOnly|OS|Full

When you use "ServerTokens Prod"  It only reports back
with "Apache".  However, if you have "ServerSignatures On"
it will add a signature that contains the name as well as
the version that you're running (like the output of
"ServerTokens Min")

 From what I can tell, there is no way to get rid of that
version number generated from ServerSignatures without
going and editing the source, turning them off, or using
just EMail..

I want to use ServerSignatures, but I don't want the version
number reported.  It would seem like it should report no more
than the maximum of the output of the ServerTokens directive.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

-Russell