Posted to users@maven.apache.org by khote <kh...@mminternet.com> on 2003/10/07 14:08:01 UTC

maven, xdoclet, jbossservice

I'm trying to better understand how maven & xdoclet work together, in
particular how configParam works.
I'm using hibernatedoclet well enough, but I'm not quite getting what I need
from jbossservice when it outputs the jboss-service.xml
I need to add:

       <depends>jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM</depends>

to the mbean descriptor.  I've tried something in the mergeDir, but it
places it outsite the <mbean> .... </mbean> tags.

Re: maven, xdoclet, jbossservice

Posted by khote <kh...@mminternet.com>.
thanks, that is useful to know.
I am subscribed to that list, I just haven't seen anything like it there.
The main thing I think I was missing here is the concept of the subtask.  I
did not understand that at all ...

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- khote <kh...@mminternet.com> wrote:
> uh, yes, I know that.
> How does MAVEN do it is a good question to ask MAVEN
> people.
> xdoclet mailing list is generally useless for this
> kind of information,
> they're too ant-oriented to be of much help to
> people who are trying to do
> it with maven.

As I'm active xdoclet commiteer, you would have
reached me as well on xdoclet list. I'r readinhg /
answering both. We are pretty maven oriented
meanwhile...

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.

Posted by khote <kh...@mminternet.com>.
uh, yes, I know that.
How does MAVEN do it is a good question to ask MAVEN people.
xdoclet mailing list is generally useless for this kind of information,
they're too ant-oriented to be of much help to people who are trying to do
it with maven.

I'm asking about the configParam variable, is it like a classpathref, a
refid?  is it a string?
How do I set it within a project.properties or even a maven.xml file?

I've seen in some of the plugin.jelly files such things as
<maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set"

this seems to be a refid kind of thing.  Is configParam something like this?

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- khote <kh...@mminternet.com> wrote:
> So "configParam" is a word used to generically
> describe a placeholder,
> rather than actually using

maven.xdoclet.hibernatedoclet.jbossservice.configParam.0.name=depends

maven.xdoclet.hibernatedoclet.jbossservice.configParam.0.value=whatever.

> instead use (per your example)

maven.xdoclet.hibernatedoclet.jbossservice.0.depends=foobar

> Thank you for answering.

maven.xdoclet.hibernatedoclet.jbossservice.0 is a
prefix to configure instance 0 of jbosservice subtask
( you could have more than one )

regards,

=====

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.