Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John Dunlap <jo...@lariat.co> on 2014/04/04 17:33:38 UTC

Runtime information

Is there any way to get internal runtime metrics from mod perl? For
example, how many interpreters there are, how many interpreter pools there
are etc? I'm trying to track down a connection leak at the moment and I
think that this kind of information would help me determine if I've fixed
it or not.

I've looked at apache mod-info but it doesn't really give me the find of
information that I'm looking for.

Re: Runtime information

Posted by Malcolm <mj...@liminalflux.net>.
On 4/4/2014 11:33 AM, John Dunlap wrote:
> Is there any way to get internal runtime metrics from mod perl? For
> example, how many interpreters there are, how many interpreter pools
> there are etc? I'm trying to track down a connection leak at the moment
> and I think that this kind of information would help me determine if
> I've fixed it or not.

Have you tried Apache::Scoreboard and/or Apache::VMonitor?
They give you access into the apache process & worker information, which
might be what you need.

There's also Devel::NYTProf::Apache, which is much more fine-grained
profiling, which might help.