Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Paulo Ricardo Paz Vital <pv...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> on 2013/03/14 19:41:16 UTC

Why Hadoop-1.1.x is not supported by Bigtop-0.5.0?

Hello guys,

I've tried to find the answer of the subject's question on project's
wiki, JIRA and web page, but I couldn't find any reasonable answer to
the fact that Hadoop-1.1.x (that is officially a beta release) is not
supported by Bigtop since release 0.4.0.

I'd like to understand better why 0.5.0 is supporting the alpha release
of Hadoop, and additionally, if there's a way to package Hadoop-1.1.x
using 0.5.0.

Regards, Paulo.

--
Paulo Ricardo Paz Vital, Staff Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center, IBM Systems & Technology Group