Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by ho...@farzad.net on 2011/05/03 01:57:40 UTC

Interface Calls

 Is there a place where the sequence of interface calls between Manifold
 Engine and the Output Connector is listed.  I'm interested in what is
 called when the user is doing:

 1) Add new output connection
 2) Create a new job with that output connection
 3) Start the job
 4) Pause the job
 5) Abort the job

 Also any good example or suggestions for logging?  I've been using
 System.out for now, but need to clean them up. Log4j?  How would you
 define the granulatiry of the log?  How would you change the log levels
 dynamically?  When I say how, I mean by where you'd specify it to be
 picked up?

 Thanks,
 Farzad.

Re: Interface Calls

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The book explains all of this in great detail, as well as logging
conventions.  This all begins in Chapter 5, which is the next chapter
to be released via MEAP.

Logging for an output connector should use the
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.system.Logging.ingest logger.  You enable
that logger with the properties.xml parameter
org.apache.manifoldcf.ingest=DEBUG.  Hope this helps.

Karl