Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nick <no...@codesniffer.com> on 2012/11/25 09:11:50 UTC

Cannot add files which contain '@' in filename

It seems like files with the '@' character in the name cannot be added
to a repo.  I've verified this in two different repos using SVN version
1.6.17.

Here are the repro steps:

nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ svn --version
svn, version 1.6.17 (r1128011)
   compiled Feb 26 2012, 12:28:33
nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ svn status
nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ ls
nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ touch "test@foo"
nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ ls
test@foo
nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ svn add ./test\@foo
svn: warning: 'test' not found
nick@nimble ~/test_repo $ svn add "test@foo"
svn: warning: 'test' not found

Is this a bug?

Best regards,
Nick

Re: Cannot add files which contain '@' in filename

Posted by Dave Huang <kh...@azeotrope.org>.
On Nov 25, 2012, at 3:13, Nick <no...@codesniffer.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  Is it possible/valid to specify a peg revision when adding files?  If not, does it make sense for SVN to not attempt to interpret the '@' character for this operation?

Hmm, that's a good point--it doesn't seem like peg revisions make sense when adding files. I'm just an average svn user though; I'll leave it to someone more knowledgable to answer whether svn add should treat "@" literally, rather than as a peg revision spec.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 37 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++

Re: Cannot add files which contain '@' in filename

Posted by Nick <no...@codesniffer.com>.

Posted by Dave Huang <kh...@azeotrope.org>.