Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> on 2016/11/19 19:52:19 UTC

Please update commons-io

Hi,

At Apache Bigtop we are running into trouble because of the old
commons-io version 2.1 library which is in use by flume (even git trunk).

Since we use Hadoop 2.7.2 there is a conflict between flume and hadoop's
version of commons-io which can be reproduced by running the unittests.

See Jira issues FLUME-2662 ( and BIGTOP-2534) .
Please apply the patch appended to FLUME-2662

Thanks,
    Olaf

Re: Please update commons-io

Posted by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olaf,

Thank you for notifying us of that problem.

As it's only a minor version upgrade, I see no problems with it.

I'll let others review the change and leave comments. If nobody disagrees,
I'll commit that patch.

Thank you,

Donat