Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sheraz Bashir <sh...@cambridgedocs.com> on 2005/12/27 12:19:10 UTC

# character for some characters of the font

Hi Everyone,

 I have embedded the Tahoma font in FOP but it gives me the # character for some characters of the font. Like this one: √ (square root sign)

Is there a way in which such unrecognized symbols can be added into the character map such that they do not come out as #?

Thanks,

babz

Re: # character for some characters of the font

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Dec 27, 2005, at 12:19, Sheraz Bashir wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>  I have embedded the Tahoma font in FOP but it gives me the #
> character for some characters of the font. Like this one: √ (square
> root sign)
>
> Is there a way in which such unrecognized symbols can be added into
> the character map such that they do not come out as #?

You need to embed a font that does have a glyph for the square root
sign, in the same way you added the Tahoma font (which seems not to
contain such a glyph?)

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas